Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Learning Profile




A couple of days ago, Mr. Whiting led us through a variety of exercises that helped you determine your learner profile and understand the characteristics that represent it. Understanding your profile helps you and your teachers know more about how you best learn: your strengths, preferences and areas you can improve.

Through forms of testing my brain during class, I have learned that i am a Logical person with a profile AA learner.

The test we took allowed me to explain that I focus on the details, when I work both auditory and visually, both oral and written even under stress, when I have orderly step-by-step instructions, when I am calm not under stress, when I am in an quite environment not distracted from anything or when I am not walking like some teachers propose to do while learning, sitting down focused towards one thing helps me learn. I also learn best when I am playing with something little, for example a pen, or rockin my chair, not serious play because that would distract me easily.

I need to find a quite non-distracting environment in order to be able to think my thoughts and assignment through. I need to have had step-by-step instructions to be able to work right. I need to work on my gestalt hemisphere since my hand eye an ear all opposite of the logic hemisphere, especially during stress.

The strategies that would help me in my learning... would be learning from the right side of the classroom, learning visually and auditory at the same time if possible, no distractions around me, fun and serious learning, playing with a pen or rockin my chair helps, time to focus, a sudden pause to let me think my thoughts through and what I need to say or ask.

I would like my teachers to know this about me...when I am under stress I may move forward with a caution feeling clumsy and stuck, when I miss a class for some sort of reason I do not feel like I want to go to the teacher and ask her what I missed and that sometimes causing me to have late homework and if teachers can encourage me to come to class and talk to me about what I missed that would help my grades up.

No comments:

Post a Comment